Are you a struggling Halal business trying to get more eyeballs on your website? If yes, earned or free media could help you grow your website traffic easily. You, as a Halal business owner, need to be strong in every type of media including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, other online media outlets. Your goal should be to earn positive media attention for unbiased coverage of your Halal brand in your target markets.
But how? Let us dive a bit deeper to understand how you could grow your Halal business nationally or globally by earning free media coverage with The Halal Times or other media outlets of your choice. What are the benefits of earning media coverage and how do you go about getting your stories pitched to the right media organizations?
Grow Organic Traffic with Earned Media
What is Earned Media?
According to Wikipedia, earned media (or free media) refers to publicity gained through promotional efforts other than advertising (paid media) or branding (owned media). It goes on to state that earned media cannot be bought or owned; it can only be gained organically when content receives recognition and a following through communication channels such as social media and word of mouth.
Earned media often refers specifically to publicity gained through editorial influence of various kinds. The media may include any mass media outlets, such as newspaper, television, radio, and the Internet, and may include a variety of formats, such as news articles or shows, letters to the editor, editorials, and polls on television and the Internet.
Benefits of Earning Free Media Attention
A newswire agency called Stacker Studio conducted a study to gauge the impact of earned media on the organic traffic of their partner brands.
By following the strategies and tips outlined below you could get the following advantages.
- Improved website authority
- Increased search engine visibility
- Greater brand awareness among your target audience
Strategies for Earning Free Media Coverage
What should be your content strategy to get media attention. The following tips could help you get media attention. It could help you gain visits, clicks, subscriptions, and sales.
- Create newsworthy content that attracts media attention (Original research, newsworthy stories, infographics, events, etc.)
- Follow journalists and news organizations like The Halal Times which publish articles related to your industry
- Syndicate your content to newswire agencies and news outlets which cover similar topics as your Halal business does
- Personalize your media pitch instead of sending generic email messages to media outlets
- Provide appropriate visuals to news organizations
- Thoroughly check your content or press release before sending it to journalists as they do not have time to fix any grammar issues you may have left unattended
- Format your press release properly so that journalists can publish your news stories with a minimum effort
- Follow up the next day so that your content actually gets published
How The Halal Times Can Help You Get Media Coverage?
Once you have optimized your story and have the related visuals ready you may contact us via email to send your press release. The most important thing we need to determine after we receive your press release is whether it is newsworthy.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.