How to Save Your Kids From Hellfire?
Why This Question?
- We give greater importance to form over the substance. We have, somehow, realized that by insisting on some of the issues, we fulfill our duties as parents. We wrongly think that if somebody looks like a Muslim, has a beard, and wears a turban or a cap, he is a good Muslim. These things are not the basis of Islam. We fight with one another over petty issues which are not important in our deen.
- Most of us have become senseless on individual and collective levels. We have become so selfish that we can not even think beyond the narrow boundaries of our groups. We like spending time on issues that will not bring to any of us.
- The third problem we face is that we spend a lot of time lying, and backbiting. We consume most of our time on useless pursuits. We try hard to find faults in others while utterly ignoring our own.
How Do We Turn The Tide?
There is no doubt we have been a lot of challenges as Muslims in many Muslim and non-Muslim countries. Many of the problems we face on regular basis are of our own making. We may need to do the following to solve the insurmountable challenges we, as Muslims, have been facing.
- We should give some space to others to express their views. We should leave our narrow boundaries of caste, and religious animosity toward one another
- We need to turn to the basics of Islam, understand it to the core, and start educating our new generation on an emergency basis.
- We should become role models to the young generations o that they feel proud of us
- We need to educate our young kids and teach them the basics of Islam, clearly explain the fundamentals of Islam, the importance of Deen in one`s life, and how they can come closer to Allah and His Messenger, Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallim.